DVD Box Set

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Crash

DVD Box Set

Post by Crash »

Yep, I saw Terrahawks DVDs in an MVC store just the other day. I'm so getting some, Terrahawks was the best (possibly even better than Star Fleet).
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

DVD Box Set

Post by Rachel »

Good for you, Crash! When you were born, the "sound taste" fairy obviously didn't leave you short!
Shane

DVD Box Set

Post by Shane »

Actually took the plunge and ordered the boxset the other day from blackstar. Unfortunately they appear to be out of stock at the moment. Poo.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

DVD Box Set

Post by Crash »

Well. I was manufactured a little too late to see it the first time round. But when I got the videos ... Everything was so cool; the Zeroids, that mint mint tank, the ships - Everything!
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

DVD Box Set

Post by Rachel »

Do you reckon its being out of stock is a positive sign (selling like hot cakes), or a negative sign? If it's the latter, then all I can say is poo AND piddle!I feel a little guilty that I haven't bought the new issues of Vols 1 and 2, to make the sales figures as healthy as possible; but my copies from Ebay are in such good condition, the sound isn't even faded, so I have no need to buy duplicates, I will reserve my money for the others.
Shane

DVD Box Set

Post by Shane »

Yeah it's difficult to know for sure. It's funny that they should be out of stock so soon after the initial release though. Maybe it's doing better than they expected.I wouldn't feel too guilty Rachel. I don't blame you for not buying it all over again especialy as the new releases haven't been remastered or anything. It's a good starting point for me though. I'm still relatively in the dark about the show as I only own a slightly worse for wear original vol 1 at the moment.Shane.
AndyThomas

DVD Box Set

Post by AndyThomas »

Amazon seem to have a mixed bag in stock - some individual volumes are available at 24 hours notice but the compilation version is on 1 to 2 weeks notice. That suggests that a) Amazon didn't get enough in stock or b) the distributors aren't distributing quickly enough! In terms of sale ranking, one of the volumes is in the top 900 of DVDs on Amazon. That said, I don't actually know how many DVDs Amazon has in its charts to say how good that is!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

DVD Box Set

Post by Adam »

>>my copies from Ebay are in such good condition, the sound isn't even faded, so I have no need to buy duplicates, I will reserve my money for the others<<But the difference is the ones from ebay are all edited together into one long movie like what they did withThunderbirds to the rescue, Thunderbirds in outer space, Countdown to Disaster,Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars, Captain Scarlet VS the Mysterons,The Incredible Voyage of Stingray, Invaders from the Deep andThe Amazing Adventures of Joe 90.The new releases are all unedited (all separate episodes however there are missing scenes in 3 episodes)>>the new releases haven't been remastered or anything<<That is true but the picture quality on the new releases is clearer than the old releases.
Shane

DVD Box Set

Post by Shane »

Well Blackstar finally got some stock in, and I'm now the proud owner of a Terrahawks boxset. Yay.Shane.
Rachel

DVD Box Set

Post by Rachel »

I visited the family home over the weekend, and have now viewed the Vol 3 DVD. It's good to have the noughts'n'crosses back in my life again! Because even though that's only the icing on the truly scrumptious cake, it's not the same with just a boring background accompanying the end credits, is it?I can see what you all mean about the visual quality being not quite as bright as a button, nevertheless it's still very watchable (I say this for the benefit of anyone who has not yet bought one of the new DVDs). Digital remastering isn't really necessary. I have viewed much dodgier TV screens, when my aerial (sp?) is misbehaving.