Star Fleet meet up?

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Happosai

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Happosai »

Given the momentus occasion that's happening later this year (if only we knew when...), something all of us old timers on here have been anticipating for years, I was wondering if we should arrange a meet up somewhere in the UK (sorry Brad, Felice, and other people outside the country!) to celebrate and actually get to put faces to the names on here.Given that we're all over the UK (I'm in Manchester), it'd be best if it was somewhere reasonably central and easy to get to for those of us that have to rely on public transport...however, given Andy's recent fatherhood, perhaps somewhere near where he lives (York, according to his profile), to make it easier for him to attend.I was thinking along the lines of meeting in a pub (maybe one where we could hire a private room), have a few drinks, chat and go for a meal. We could perhaps make it a mini-convention, although I'm not sure what else that would involve (I can supply a projector, if we wanted to watch a few episodes of SF or something).So, what do people think? This is something that happens on some of the other forums I frequent...I've met up with a bunch of people from the UK Anime forum a few times.[Happosai]

Crash

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Crash »

Got my vote! I'd be interested in seeing the people behind the posts.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Zordon »

how about london or birmingham. the nec has regular conventions as well as some SF/XB stuff at really low prices.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Happosai

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Happosai »

Birmingham's certainly central to most places in England and timing a meet-up to coincide with a collectors' fair at the NEC is a good idea...the next one's on 28 September, which is about the time I was thinking, but unfortunately I'm going to be in Prague that weekend (there's also one on 14 December).London should be reasonably easy for people to get to (it's only a couple of hours by train from Manchester and cheap with an advance booking)...I don't know anything about any similar events there, though.[Happosai]

Mr Bilston

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Mr Bilston »

i'd be up for it (together with a few friends of mine that are massive fans too), especially if it's at the NEC memorabilia event. i often go to the NEC collectors fair anyway so it would be ideal for me. i've even purchased SF merchandise from the NEC in the past but it's increasingly hard to find. i hope the release of the DVD will also bring added interest and new merchandise. imagine what it would be like to have figures produced from the show. fingers crossed, eh?! ;o)
Happosai

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Happosai »

Does anyone know if any of the people who sell SF merchandise at the NEC usually attend the Collectormania events? There's one in Coventry on 1 & 2 November 2008, which I'd be able to make (there's also one in Milton Keynes the same weekend as the NEC event in September, but I can't make either of those).[Happosai]
Zordon

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Zordon »

i think so, theres a guy called banzandy if i can find his e-mail i'll ask him.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Happosai

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Happosai »

As the release date for the DVDs has now been pushed back until probably the new year, I think I'll put this on hold until a definite release date is known. It would still be useful if people could say if they'd be interested in attending such an event, suggest where they'd like to meet, etc.[Happosai]
Crash

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Crash »

Well I'm still very interested - it's just that our exams kick-off in January. I'll see what I can do.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shadow Jedi

Star Fleet meet up?

Post by Shadow Jedi »

I'd be more than happy to attend. No-one I know had ever even heard of the show until I brought the light of knowledge into their dim and murky lives!Be a bonus to meet up with the famous Crash Override and shake his hand for being a dashed clever man!
"Where do I go to now that I've gone too far?"