DVD vol 4 cover online

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Kinggodzillak

DVD vol 4 cover online

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Well, they've had a little revamp, for the better I'd say, though there will no doubt be some annoyed that these don't match the first 3 . I expect this will be changed a little before release.http://www.supermarionation.net/thcover4.jpg(Edited by Kinggodzillak at 8:10 pm on Dec. 7, 2002)
Shane

DVD vol 4 cover online

Post by Shane »

Yeah too right. Thats more like it, you can't beat a bit of Mary Falconer.Volume 1's cover was great. But the less said about the other 2 volume's the better.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

DVD vol 4 cover online

Post by AndyThomas »

I think they had to create some shots for the other DVDs using reproduction puppets - this looks more like an image that was used in one of the annuals. Reading the small print it looks like the extras are going to keep coming, and I see another web site has joined Revelation Films' - nice! At least ONE of those should work!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

DVD vol 4 cover online

Post by Rachel »

Why did they have to use reproduction puppets, when they could just have used any picture from an episode's scenes, for the front cover?
AndyThomas

DVD vol 4 cover online

Post by AndyThomas »

THAT.... is a very good question ;) Presumably they wanted to take some shots "in isolation" and to get nice clean photographic quality they'd have to do it from scratch. I believe they have managed to get access to quite a lot of original stuff which is in collectors' hands, so perhaps they just thought it would be a good idea to use it. *shrugs*
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Stephen La Riviere

DVD vol 4 cover online

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

Revelation Films' site is up and down at the moment - it should be online full time this week.I do have the covers for volumes five and six here, but I'm not allowed to release them as yet, basically they're the same with publicity shots of Yung-star on one and Kate Kestrel on the other.As far as extras go, I hope they'll have more to offer than that. I'm hoping for interviews with the original cast as I've passed on a ton of contact addresses to Revelation...And I'm very happy my URL is on there Stephen
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
felice

DVD vol 4 cover online

Post by felice »

> Why did they have to use reproduction puppets, when> they could just have used any picture from an episode's> scenes, for the front cover?I don't think the resolution of the film is high enough to use for the covers. Print is a much more detailed medium than television, so just taking a frame from an episode of the actual series and printing it wouldn't look very good. The small pictures on the back cover are a good indication of how the film looks when printed; if you blew those up to fill the whole page they'd appear all blurry. Which means that they have to use publicity photographs etc, which are in short supply.
Stephen La Riviere

DVD vol 4 cover online

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

Terrahawks was shot on 16mm film - and as Revelation have been forced to use rather grotty prints, then as you say pictures from them wouldn't be the best option, although not impossible. I'm sure there are enough publicity photographs and I've told them to stick with those rather than use the new ones.
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk