Sorry if this is a bit morbid but

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Denise Bryer did voices for Gerry Anderson as early as 1957, and I read somewhere that she was already married at that time. So I guess she must be over 60 by now, and probably in her 40s when she supplied the voices for Makara, Mary and Zelda. (It was a real surprise to me that Mary was one of her characters, as that voice is so different from the other two.) I'm really curious to see what she looks like.Does anyone know much about Ben Stevens? I would love to find out more about him; and the trouble is, it's such an ordinary name that an Internet search finds too many irrelevant results.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Tej, I was forgetting you might not have seen Star Fleet but of course you do only post here... Star Fleet itself isn't actually Anderson at all, it just happens to have that voice actor in common. As Rachel says, Denise did some very early Anderson shows and was then also active around the early 80s with Terrahawks and Star Fleet, as well as Labyrinth. Labyrinth and Dark Crystal were both Jim Henson films filmed in England at about the same time, and so a similar pool of voice talent worked on them. Some of Star Fleet's voice actors have also been in front of the camera rather than just doing voice-over work. More info at:http://www.sfxb.co.uk/actors/
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

Post by Adam »

Ben Stevens was in some late 70's or early 80's comedy or something, that's it.Jeremy Hitchin has been in nothing, before and after Terrahawks.Anne Ridler was in the Doctor Who story "The Wheel in Space"Windsor Davis was in Ain't Half Hot Mum and also in the Doctor Who story "The Evil of the Daleks"
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

Windsor Davies was also in that dreadful "Never the Twain" "comedy", and some Carry On films as well...[Happosai]
Adam

Post by Adam »

Windsor Davies was also in the UFO episode "The Cat with Ten Lives"
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Windsor Davies is the most well-known of the voice actors. I wonder if he has ever written an autobiography? If not, I hope he will soon, as it would be great to get a chance to meet him at a book-signing session.Did I read somewhere that Ben Stevens was a news-reader at one time? Maybe I just dreamed it.Is Anne Ridler's natural voice like Kate, or more squeaky like Cystar?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Anne Ridler's natural voice is like Kates.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Also Hiro and 101 were killed in Time Warp (Man i've missed out alot but I think that's all of them now)
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Well, I won't freak out about that, because I'm sure time is turned back, and they are resurrected!