Sorry if this is a bit morbid but

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Only 39 episodes were made,All 39 episodes were transmitted on TV,Only 24 have been released on video before.>>Haven't we also been promised some episodes not seen on TV before?<<I don’t know where you heard that but that can't be true.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

If Gold is to be the last episode released, there will presumably be a reshuffling of the contents of the new volumes 5 and 6? It will be interesting to see how they rearrange it.I know there is a complete list of episode titles on Phill's Terrahawks site; I just haven't learned the whole lot off by heart, although I think I can name most of them.Besides Pluto, do any of the other cubes have names?
Shane

Post by Shane »

Is it actually certain that the whole run is going to be released? I only ask because I know some cult shows do struggle to gain a following and I would hate to start collecting something only to find that it gets discontinued somewhere along the way. Does anyone have concrete release dates for the next volumes? I'm ordering the box set shortly so I'll have more than just my original vol 1 video to go on. I'm certainly interested by all the discussions going on here, I'll just be glad when I actually know what you are all talking about. ;)Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Adam

Post by Adam »

>>I know there is a complete list of episode titles on Phill's Terrahawks site; I just haven't learned the whole lot off by heart, although I think I can name most of them.<< Yes I've seen it too, however it's in the wrong order when it gets to the end of series three and Terratomb is called Terrabomb on that list when it clearly states on the episode Terratomb. >>Besides Pluto, do any of the other cubes have names?<< Nope >>Is it actually certain that the whole run is going to be released?<< Well Revelation Films have signed a contract to release all 39 episodes.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

In response to Rachel's earlier query, there is actually a function on the board which you could trigger if you tried to post a message very quickly after posting another one. It's intended to prevent a program from "spamming" a board, but you might trigger it if, say, you had two windows open and happened to post replies in quick succession.The general concept in netiquette is that you don't follow up to your own post, unless you want to effectively tell people to disregard the earlier post in some way. Otherwise you end up with a lot of monologues!This applies mainly to newsgroups, but on a board like this you can effectively avoid the problem by editing a recently made post and adding to it instead. It helps to keep the thread looking tidy, and will also save some storage space - every new post here eats into SFXB's storage space a little bit, and I think that editing an old post (if it's appropriate to do so) will probably save space versus multiple smaller posts.I suppose I should come up with some guidelines for the use of the board, but it's very rare that I need to say anything. Incidentally, is everyone aware of the Messenger function? You can send messages to other usernames on the board using it if you want to discuss something off the main board with someone. That's how I'd normally get in touch with someone if I had an issue with a post (and yes, I did mention repeat postings to Rachel in a PM a little while back!).Don't worry if you do it, it's really not the end of the world, it's just something to try and avoid if you can. Thanks.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

Post by Adam »

>>I hope I will be as fortunate by this time next year, if Revelation keep up their good work!<<I'm afraid I can't agree with you Rachel about Revelation doing a good job I've been very disappointed with them so far, I don't want to seem ungrateful to them but their release dates have really annoyed me.First Volume 2 was scheduled to be released on August 5th but was postponed until September 9th, It's not their fault I’ve been waiting over a week for Volume 3, that's whoever’s responsible for delivering the stock to Play.com.But the biggest blow that they've done is the box set, first their releasing three box sets just because there was three series of Terrahawks you might as well release all the volumes in one box set (I thought Carlton was stupid when they released UFO in two box sets even though UFO wasn't in two series.) and why release the box set last? Why didn't they release the box set first and then the separate ones?And why have four episodes on the first two and five on the third when they could fit 6 or 7 episodes on one disc and so they could have 5 DVD's instead of 9, just to make money?(Edited by Adam at 5:19 pm on Sep. 30, 2002)
Shane

Post by Shane »

I was going to say it doesn't seem like good value for money really when you can get a whole season of transformer episodes for next to nothing.They should have released everything in one nice big package to begin with. But hey Terrahawks isn't quite Buffy the Vampire slayer so I guess they have to try and make a return on their investment and split things up a bit for more profit. It just means that the hardcore fans that will collect this series are going to have to pick up the tab.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, that's the key problem of course. Cult releases, e.g. anime, are always pricey because not that many units are going to sell. So to try and at least break even they're always going to be priced quite steeply. Also, bear in mind that more recent shows may well be in a digital format already. For older shows there's undoubtedly a conversion process to be gone through which adds more to the production cost...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I really don't think anyone would try to get a whole message board to themselves, because talking to yourself is, at the end of the day, not much fun (actually, it's pretty dull!) Such an ambition would be the last thing on my own mind, at least, when I think how heartbroken I was upon reading about Yungstar's supposed untimely demise! But onto other depressing issues...I will DIE if Revelation do cancel the remaining series; that will be the end of the world! It would be stupid of them if they failed to release them, because all the Ebay competitors who bid for the first series will surely be glad of the chance to get the last one.As I have said before, the fact that it hasn't been on the TV for so long means that it won't sell as well as it deserves, because the sales are dependent on the memories of people of just one generation (our own). But if someone has seen one volume in a shop, at least that's encouraging!