Sorry if this is a bit morbid but

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Now I think about it, Yung-star was also killed in Ten Top Pop when he couldn't control Hawkwing andTerratomb when Yuri damaged the Zeaf with his Telekinesis and Yung-Star crashed it into a mountain.Sorry Rachel if your crying is out of control now but you already knew about Ten Top Pop and I had to warn you about Terratomb before you watch it.You're not going to kill yourself if Revelation do cancel halfway through, God if your really desperate and they do cancel you only have to ask me and I can record them for you.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Thanks Adam, you're a sweetheart! I admit I was thinking of asking you to copy them if they don't make new releases. Actually, you would make a fortune, being in demand as the only source of these episodes, if Revelation do the dirty on us all. I wouldn't really have killed myself, in any case, as that would be a way of guaranteeing that I would definitely never see them!I didn't realise Yungstar was killed in Ten Top Pop, because he is beamed up from the burning building into his home, looking all sooty and shaken up, so it seemed as if Zelda had got him out of there in the nick of time. She calls him a stupid boy, and he protests that he will be 99 next birthday. (That makes him 81 this present year; gosh, he's more than 50 years my senior!) I wonder, when an android reaches extreme old age, will s/he be allowed to die naturally forever, or will a family member inevitably bring them back to life? Perhaps the Terrahawks will never be free from the menace of Zelda?
Adam

Post by Adam »

I forgot to mention Kate Kestrel was killed in My Kingdom for a Zeaf, it's been added to the list.(Edited by Adam at 11:42 am on Oct. 3, 2002)
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

The episode ends with the reset button being pushed, in a typical Trek stylee, as it involves manipulation of time. No need to panic...!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

Post by Adam »

About My Kingdom for a Zeaf although it's a very good episode I find one problem at the end, Lord Tempo said that he couldn't alter history if Richard III died in 2020, but hasn't Lord Tempo already altered history by taking Richard III to 2020?I smiled when Ninestine referred to Lord Tempo as a Time Lord (as I also enjoy watching Doctor Who)and when Sergeant Major Zero first said “Alfred Inestine.” Tiger said “You mean Albert.” then Zero said “Alfred Albert.” I am glad they didn't capture Kate, otherwise the whole story would have turned into another Operation S.A.S/ Ten Top Pop story.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I've now watched all the volumes and I think the series has actually grown on me. Like some modern shows, there are some little jokes which only adults would really get like when Ninestein says "Women have intuition, Zero, men don't. They have... ah... um... what am I talking to you about this for anyway?!" or words to that effect! I thought Space Samurai was a good episode - Ninestein's marksmanship reminded me a little of Elite, with the "Aft View" and the crosshairs! The made-up writers names on the episodes are also quite amusing...
Adam

Post by Adam »

I can't agree with you Andy about the made-up names, I hate them so much.Why didn't Tony Barwick use his proper name in the credits I don't know.But I've read that the only time he used his real name was in The Midas Touch (as he co-wrote that episode with Trevor Lansdown)
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Tej, you know Denise Bryer was also Commander Makara in Star Fleet, yes? Labyrinth and Dark Crystal both share voice actors in common with Star Fleet and Terrahawks. I did once think about trying to do some sort of map of the shows/films people have been in - I'm pretty sure you could create a very curious looking chain, like they do on radio shows, you know?Adam, I can see how having credits like "Kitten Stein" (!) would annoy you but at least on the DVD the real writing credits are there before you play the episode - despite the occasional goof with the episode titles Revelation do seem to have gotten the smaller details right.