The Best, Average and Worst of Terrahawks

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Kinggodzillak

Post by Kinggodzillak »

I'm going to put it in the average pile, as though it would likely be my least fav, its not BAD.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Talking of The Ultimate Menace, You've missed it out Kinggodzillak
Kinggodzillak

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Fixed.
Kinggodzillak

Post by Kinggodzillak »

And I've now completed the list, as my box set finally arrived on Thursday.
Adam

Post by Adam »

What about The Ugliest Monster of all and Happy Madeday?
Kinggodzillak

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Added. List completed, ready for inspections, sahs!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

At last, at last, the entire collection is mine! I spent this afternoon watching the 3rd series. Thanks again, Adam, it's great! You won't like me saying this, but A Christmas Miracle is the one I like best on the tape! I thought it was fantastic. My second is Two for the Price of One, then probably Runaway.To my own surprise, I was disappointed with the other "dream" episode, Operation Zero. This one started off very well, but got so corny, it was pathetic. And the most stomach-turning Thawks moment of all has to be when Kate turns round from her piano, and turns out to have Zelda's face! (I'm sure that's a parody of something, but I can't think what.) First Strike didn't impress me much, either; nothing I can really put my finger on, it just wasn't quite up to standard. All my other "new" episodes are good.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Glad you enjoyed them but why didn't First Strike impress you? I thought you would have like it, as Yung-Star succeeded in a task and Zelda for the first and only time, won a round.Are you going to do a list? I would like to see if I can get an argument out of it (Edited by Adam at 9:06 am on Dec. 22, 2002)
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

That's a good point about First Strike, Adam (although of all the team lined up ready to carry out Zelda's bidding, Yung-star is the one whom she orders to stand up straight, and she calls him a slovenly youth). Overall, this episode just seemed comparatively dull, and the new human guys in black weren't very impressive.I feel like inserting a red-hot poker into Zelda's posterior, in the Xmas episode, when she declares "The only present you are likely to get from me, my boy, is a crack across the knuckles with this stick!" (It's cute finding out Yungstar's ambition, to be a space train driver; although we don't know if that is true, because the whole story is Ninestein's dream.) I don't blame Yungstar for deciding to run away from home; Runaway initially seems like a pantomime, because he has the red-and-white spotted bag on a stick, and when Zelda and Cystar emerge in their nightwear, they could easily be the Ugly Sisters.Do you want an entire list of all 39 episodes? I don't know if I have the energy for that, right at this moment; as I said, most of them are good. Here's my definite Top 6, in alphabetical order: Christmas MiracleMidnight BlueOperation SASTen Top PopTo Catch a TigerZero's Finest HourRunners-up include the Midas Touch, 2 for Price of 1, Unseen Menace, Play It Again Sram, Ugliest Monster of All, The Gun, Thunder Path/Pass, Gold, and Gunfight at Oaky's Corral.The worst eps are Cry UFO and Operation Zero. In Series 1, the poorest is probably the Mark Darrel one, Close Call. And of Series 2, it's Ma's Monsters, because it mainly just consists of flashbacks.
Adam

Post by Adam »

>>the Mark Darrel one, Close Call<<The Mark Darrel one is Close Call (that's if you've put those two as separate episodes on your list)