Terrahawks repeats

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Yung Star

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Yung Star »

I was wondering if one of you could help me with a little query. I always remember watching Terrahawks on Saturdays which I think was during the late eighties, and I was only a few months old when the series first aired so does any body know if the show was repeated in the Yorkshire ITV region? It’s a pity the likes of UKGold haven’t repeated it but at least Revelation have got the good sense to release it on/DVD VHS. Terrahawks and Captain Scarlet are defiantly Gerry Anderson’s best work.
Carbon jelly my favourite
Rachel

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Rachel »

Welcome, you have the coolest user name here! Please take the time to read many of my older posts here. Yung-Star is someone who is not appreciated as he should be; Zelda's abuse of him is so relentless, it makes me want to cry, and I can imagine it could understandably put some people off the programme. I would marry him if I could.I don't know if any region ever repeated Thawks during the 90s, but certainly not where I lived. When I got addicted to it, it was aired on Sunday afternoons, 1984, about 4.30. That couldn't have been the same everywhere; a friend of mine said he never got to see T'hawks, as it was always on a Saturday morning, and his school was mean enough to have extra opening hours then!
Yung Star

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Yung Star »

Yung Star is defiantly one of the most underrated characters in the show, I always used to be scared of him when I was a kid but now, like you I just feel sorry for him although sometimes he can still be a bit scary such as in Close Call when he’s hiding behind the curtains in Darrel’s house, I’ve had a look at a few older posts and from the tales posted I can’t wait for the second and third series to be released, It seems he has some interesting times ahead.  As far as wanting to marry him I don’t quite like him that much but what ever turns you on I suppose. (Edited by Yung Star at 11:08 pm on Jan. 6, 2003)
Rachel

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Rachel »

Are you willing to tell us your real first name? I'm dying to know! I assume you're a boy, therefore I wouldn't expect you would want to marry the "real" Yung-Star. I have 3 favourite characters (the other 2 are Zero and 101), but if someone forced me at gunpoint to narrow it down to 1, I would say Yung-Star, because I don't fancy the zeroids. I guess Lt. Hiro would probably marry a flower, if he could!Cystar doesn't seem to cop it quite as frequently as Yung-Star, for some reason: in Zelda's opinion, she fluctuates between being a "simpleton" and a "precious one."
Yung Star

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Yung Star »

>>Are you willing to tell us your real first name?<<That would be telling>>I assume you're a boy, therefore I wouldn't expect you would want to marry the "real" Yung-Star.<<Correct on both accounts, it’s the whiskers coming out of his nose and the teeth through his lips that don’t appeal to me.As for other favourite characters I have to admit that Zero is good and funny at times (the wink in Happy Madeday cracks me up every time). The only characters I don’t really like are 55 and Cys-Star, I cringe every time her wig falls off.
Rachel

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Rachel »

Why don't you like 55? He's not quite as sweet as the two Sergeants, nevertheless I think it's a shame he isn't in it more frequently. I agree with you about Cystar's wig going awry; I wonder if she had real hair, when she was a young girl? I would much rather have her company than Zelda's, though.
Yung Star

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Yung Star »

>>Why don't you like 55?<<I can’t stand his constant rhyming; I prefer 21 and his stuttering.
Rachel

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Rachel »

I think 101 agrees with you about 55's constant rhyming.
Kinggodzillak

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Kinggodzillak »

It didn't annoy me too much, but it could be distracting, with such gems as:ZERO : What in space fire made marks like that?!?55: I don't know who, but it ain't no kangaroo!Er...yeah.
Rachel

Terrahawks repeats

Post by Rachel »

55 totally faded from the limelight by the 3rd series; maybe there's only so much you can find to say in rhyme!