Hawkeye in Season 2

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Hawkeye in Season 2

Post by Rachel »

We get no clues to the identity of either Yung-Star's or It-Star's father, do we? Without going into graphic details, I expect a rape would be quite similar to one in the human world; except that, as I said, the show was aimed at a pre-teen audience, so I doubt whether G Anderson would have intended anything like that to have happened. It's just something you could suspect, when a mother seems to find fault with her child so much.
Stephen La Riviere

Hawkeye in Season 2

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

And I'm sure the cut scene from Two for The Price of One which was 'considered unsuitable for children' at the time might explain a bit about it...
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Kinggodzillak

Hawkeye in Season 2

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Even though I already know the answer, I'll ask you for everyone: 'Stephen, what cut scene from Two for the Price of One are you referring to'?
Rachel

Hawkeye in Season 2

Post by Rachel »

Yes, please do spill the beans, I'm curious! What was said/done in this scene, and is it likely to be on the DVD?How do you know so much about the reproduction business, Shaqui? It is all very unclear, in the programme. It was easy to assume it was like human reproduction, because these characters have bodies like people; it's obvious that the zeroids are made differently, as Tiger points out in no uncertain terms to Zero! Cystar does feel the baby moving within her, and Yung-Star is deliberately excluded from the Deliveries room, so the birth process, at least, must be more intimate/embarrassing than just producing something new with your hands. When Cystar is bursting to tell the news, in Ma's Monsters, do you think she had just independently decided to create a baby? Or had she had her suspicions, been to the clinic for a test, and got a positive result? I wasn't going to point the finger at Yung-Star, because that would be incestuous! It was once suggested here that MOID could be It-Star's father; a reasonable supposition.
Adam

Hawkeye in Season 2

Post by Adam »

>>is it likely to be on the DVD?<<I doubt it. If they are using the transmitted version of that ep then what you see on the DVD will be the same as what you see on your video.And please tell us what's in that scene, I would also like to know
Kinggodzillak

Hawkeye in Season 2

Post by Kinggodzillak »

>>It was once suggested here that MOID could be It-Star's father; a reasonable supposition.Particularly as MOID looks a lot like Zelda with no skin on (from the opening credits)>>And please tell us what's in that scene, I would also like to know Stephen? You gonna tell em?
Stephen La Riviere

Hawkeye in Season 2

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

The missing scene features Cystar having complicatoons with the birth. Zelda tells Yungstar to fetch a crowbar and gets to work on Cystar with it. She struggles and struggles and the punchline is she's opening the birth container, not using it on Cystar at all.However, it wasn't felt suitable for children by broadcasters and therefore cut. Will it be on the DVD though?Well, I received my timecoded copy of the episode this morning for me to write production subtitles and I can confirm, that the missing scenes are present.
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Rachel

Hawkeye in Season 2

Post by Rachel »

The scene sounds funny; a pity it's omitted. I assumed Cystar needed to have a Caesarean, or something, when Zelda announced there was a complication.I still have one suspicion about where It-Star came from: perhaps Hawkeye fathered him/her? Just suppose Cystar and Hawkeye had hit it off in "reality", as they did in the Xmas dream, then when Cystar got pregnant, Hawkeye panicked, and scarpered off somewhere to hide in shame? (I'm joking, but it would conveniently explain why we don't see him around much in Series 3!)