Stew Dapples

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Stew Dapples

Post by Adam »

It could have been Zelda but I don't remember Zelda ever having a massive UFO in her fleet (unless it's that little disc ship that hovers over the spider ship at it's maximum size)
Rachel

Stew Dapples

Post by Rachel »

Stephen, have you seen Denise face to face? If so, what does she look like? You're probably the most fortunate person on this forum, anyway!Stu is obviously a bone of contention, as a character; my opinion of him is somewhere in the middle, I don't love or hate him. You all know my top 5 characters; and Cystar is probably 6th, although I can understand she has the potential to annoy other people.
Stephen La Riviere

Stew Dapples

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

>>Stephen, have you seen Denise face to face? If so, what does she look like? You're probably the most fortunate person on this forum, anyway!<<Yes... she very kindly took me out to lunch at this fabulous Indian Restaurant. We had a great time. I showed her Two for the Price of One first then we went off to eat.Want to know what she looks like...? Well here are a few pictures of the cast http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?i ... icle=37345
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Rachel

Stew Dapples

Post by Rachel »

Thank you, my curiosity has finally been sated! You're a wonder! Ben Stevens is quite good-looking in the middle picture; I guess that was taken at the time, and the other 2 are recent photos? Actually, I'm sure the Ben Stevens web-page I found ages ago (it may not exist any more) was relating to the same guy, because it had a photograph showing him looking very like your middle photo of him. It must have said he did voice-overs (I recall it had a "clickable" audio clip of him announcing something), and my memory must have misconstrued it as thinking he read the news, don't ask me why!You showed Denise 2 For Price of 1; does she not have her own copies of all the episodes? I assumed stars of all shows would be given copies of everything they appeared in, by the programmes' producers; maybe that's not the case?
Stephen La Riviere

Stew Dapples

>>Ben Stevens is quite good-looking in the middle picture; I guess that was taken at the time, and the other 2 are recent photos?<<I think the middle one was done about ten years ago.>>Actually, I'm sure the Ben Stevens web-page I found ages ago (it may not exist any more) was relating to the same guy, because it had a photograph showing him looking very like your middle photo of him. It must have said he did voice-overs (I recall it had a "clickable" audio clip of him announcing something), and my memory must have misconstrued it as thinking he read the news, don't ask me why!<<How long ago was this? I'm building him a site at the moment which includes a voice reel - the first piece on there being him doing a news related piece...>>You showed Denise 2 For Price of 1; does she not have her own copies of all the episodes? I assumed stars of all shows would be given copies of everything they appeared in, by the programmes' producers; maybe that's not the case?<<Nope. Cost them a fortune to run off tapes for them and most actors wouldn't want them. None of the actors had seen Terrahawks in 20 odd years... Ben Stevens still retains his scripts though - I've got a number here at the moment that he lent me.Kevin Davies retains a lot of his graphics work - he was showing me his original cells from the opening and closing titles last week...
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
AndyThomas

Stew Dapples

Post by AndyThomas »

Same thing with Star Fleet. I know Louis Elman curses the fact that he didn't retain a copy of the masters for his own records, but when you stop and think how many shows these people take part in over the years you quickly realise just how much storage space they'd need to try and keep hold of tapes of it all. Stephen, it sounds to me as if you ought to be getting some commission out of all this running around you're doing!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Stephen La Riviere

Stew Dapples

>>Stephen, it sounds to me as if you ought to be getting some commission out of all this running around you're doing! <<*sniff* I'm not getting paid for any of this. Well, I suppose I've been quite lucky in the people I've got to meet and the various things I've acquired through it...
Stephen La Riviere

Stew Dapples

>>Oi! You could turn a mic on and make it a commentary feature for the DVD! So how do this people view the shows today? Did she make any comments during the episode? <<For one I don't have the equipment - a commentary nmeeds to be done in a studio where it can be locked to the picture.Secondly I don't think she'd be very amused at me taking what is in effect a performance from her for nothing She said how funny it was - said the crowbar scene was disgusting and that her grandson would love it and commented that she played Goybirl, not Anne Ridler...