Forthcoming Entire Series Boxset

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Post by Adam »

I'm hoping that the menu and cover art for series 3 set is different from 1 and 2. It wouldn't look right in my collection (and everyone else) if set 2 and 3 are the same and 1 the odd one out, if 3 is different then you know that they were released at different times.
Stephen La Riviere

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

Can I ask where you heard about this complete box set?
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Stephen La Riviere

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

Ooops :S I run the Supermarionation is Go site and I'm producing extras for the Terrahawks discs.As far as I know the 3rd set is on course for October. What's there on the news page was something I was informed of a while back and should have been removed from the site by now.Though... I will say, if you are worried a complete box set will come out with different items please contact Revelation and explain how you feel on the matter. But please, don't say you read it on my site cos I'll get my knuckles rapped :S
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh. I'll just be grateful that I only went so far as buying the first DVD when it came out only then to realise that the box set was going to be following before too much longer! I'd be a little surprised if they re-packaged the whole kit and kaboodle again at the end, because that'd be quite an expensive set of discs and they'd have to be pretty confident the collectors would go for them. That said, nothing stopping them from doing it just nicely in time for Christmas!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
felice

Post by felice »

The extended version of Fellowship of the Ring was announced well in advance, before the standard version was released, so they were clearly not trying to rip people off. And it does seem reasonable for them to release both, since the extended version is significantly different from the one seen in theatres. Now the superdeluxe version with bookends, _that_ was just trying to rip people off 8) Expect an extended DVD set for Two Towers and Return of the King too.As for the Terrahawks box, I very much doubt that the content will be different. Remastering a DVD is expensive, and they're most unlikely to do it without very good reason. The cover art is another matter, but you may well be able to get free replacement inserts for the cases from the manufacturors. Even the empty box might be available if you're lucky.