Fanderson

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Stephen La Riviere

Fanderson

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

Just curious to know if anyone has any thoughts on this group?
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Rachel

Fanderson

Post by Rachel »

Before the introduction of the Internet, official fan clubs must have been the only way to find friends who liked the same things, all over the country? Invaluable, because within your own circle of real-life acquaintances, it's sheer chance whether any of them share your interests.
Rachel

Fanderson

Post by Rachel »

How much has G Anderson produced since Terrahawks? I heard there was a series called Lavender Castle in the 90s. Although you could hardly get a more alluring title, I never watched it. Did I miss much?
Kinggodzillak

Fanderson

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Between Terrahawks and Castle, there was also Space Precinct, which only I seem to like. I would tell you what it was about, but I'm sure others will be along to tell you it was absolute dreck... I only saw one Lavender Castle. Didn't really know what to make of it...
Adam

Fanderson

Post by Adam »

Also Dick Spanner which is ok, not fantastic, I've only seen the Human Cannon Ball story but if it comes out on DVD I think I’ll end up buying it.I haven’t seen Space Precinct for ages but I thought it was alright and Lavender Castle I saw the first episode and that was it.
Rachel

Fanderson

Post by Rachel »

I'm afraid I can't offer a supportive opinion of Space Precinct, yet, King, as I haven't seen that one either. Did it have any cute robots? If not (gulp) I probably wouldn't rush to check it out; believe it or not, I have never seen a full episode of Star Trek. But you have my sympathy 100% re you feeling you're the only one who likes a show. It irks me that Britain takes nearly every American sitcom to its heart, yet my favourite one, Full House, was a flop here. My mum is a little baffled by my liking for Terrahawks; she said it was "awful". And that was after seeing Midnight Blue, one of the creme de la creme! If she had been a fan of sci-fi generally, my blood-pressure would probably have risen sky-high when she dissed Thawks; but as she isn't into any space-themed entertainment at all (apart from Red Dwarf), I knew it wasn't really her sort of thing.Was Dick Spanner the other one Anderson did with Burr? It's odd I never heard of it at all until this year. Was it not hyped very much, when it was made?
Adam

Fanderson

Post by Adam »

Yes Dick Spanner was an Anderson-Burr show made around 1986 or 87 It was about a robot Detective called Dick Spanner who lived in a parallel dimension. Only two stories were made (Case of the Human Cannon Ball and Case of the.... something Parrot can't remember) they both had 11, 5 minute episodes on Channel 4 it was stop motion animation and it had the voice of Shane Rimmer as Dick Spanner (Scott Tracy from Thunderbirds)What's Full House I've never heard of that.Space Precinct did have some kind of robot, that's all I can remember
Rachel

Fanderson

Post by Rachel »

Full House was set in San Francisco, and it's a family sitcom a bit like the Cosby Show (my other favourite American programme) except there's no Mom. It's about a widower with 3 blonde daughters; the youngest, the adorable toddler Michelle, was a role shared by the Olsen twins. Also iinhabiting the house were the girls' young uncle, Jesse (and later his wife Becky), and the dad's best friend Joey. The episodes would involve someone falling out, or occasionally one of the girls misbehaving, and ended happily, with hugs all round. They showed the first 4 series on Sky 1, just over 10 years ago, but have never repeated them since, and never bought the next 4. I don't think it has ever been shown on terrestrial TV. I won the whole lot on Ebay last year, as someone in America had recorded every episode. Before that, a thieving girl in Sweden stole some money from me; she claimed in a forum to have the episodes, but she never sent them!There are a few Full House websites, if you want to find out more.