Terra-Hawks and Thunderhawks

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Jon Talpur

Post by Jon Talpur »

Hmm, disappointing to find out there are no screencaps of the characters in anime style (if the anime opening does indeed exist). I'm still going to try and get a copy of the book, just to look at the pretty pictures (and in most Japanese books of that type I've seen, there are sure to be many!)Oh, Shaqui, I also noticed this very interesting website on Firestorm (looks intriguing enough for me to watch some eps should the opportunity arise):http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/firesto ... x.htmlDoes this mean that they're now in trouble for not removing Gerry Anderson's name from the website, or was this a development that occurred during the run of the show?Jon
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Perhaps Anderson was down as executive producer or similar before - it's only a show "based on an idea by" now. Squinting at the background image, it looks distinctly like a Thunderbird 2 style craft and is very reminiscent of Thunderbirds 2086 from what I can see. Preview doesn't seem to be loading for me though...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

Looks like the Zero-X space craft from "Thunderbirds Are Go"... only rounder. (I think that's what it was called).Looks excellent! When do WE get some???
Dream big and bold and daring.
Stephen La Riviere

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

>>The design sketches for the animated Terrahawks is interesting if viewed as pre-production for the puppet series, but I'm inclined to say little distinguishes it from most anime films. The 'Queen Mother' still looks witch-like (though more horrific than comical) and two 'androids' (interestingly designated 'M' and 'FM') which I took to be early 'Yung-Star' and 'Cy-Star' designs. The aliens in 'Thunderhawks' also appear to be androids of some sort...<<Fascinating... I never realised that 'Thunderhawks' got any further than potential craft design by Reg Hill... Though to be honest I haven't looked at the genesis of the series that in-depth...All the best,Stephen
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Poor Mr. Anderson never seems to have much luck with co-productions, does he?( though looking at Firestorm, initial impression is that it looks a little too Western for mainstream Japanese tastes, but I'll of course leave final judgement until I've seen an episode... )And I remember reading hes asked it to be made clear that he has no involvement with the forthcoming Thunderbirds movie, too.Lets hope he has better fortune with his Captain Scarlet CGI series...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
NC

Post by NC »

From what I here he has already parted company with his partner for CG Captain Scarlet, John Needham.Also from what I see and have read lets hope Gerry Anderson doesn't get his name on Thunderbirds movie its not looking great IMHO, they have tampered with it far too much.Nigel
Stephen La Riviere

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

>>From what I here he has already parted company with his partner for CG Captain Scarlet, John Needham.<<I have to say that's one I hadn't heard...For all the latest news on CGI Scarlet by the way, visit here:http://www.supermarionation.net/Scarlet ... tion.shtml
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
NC

Post by NC »

It came from a guy who worked on the original CG Pilot, and who I worked with on Lost In Space, he is quite close to Gerry, or at least he was He was also penciled in to work on the original CG Scarlet before the money problems, and before Double Neg and PP got involvedNigel