Possibility with bravo! I NEED YOUR HELP!

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
NC

Post by NC »

Bravo did show things like Airwolf and Blue Thunder and until earlier this year showed Battle of the Planets, but they now show stuff like "when plants attack" or "when good pets go bad" or some other rubbish from the US or even home grown rubbish I'd much rather have the BBC, C4 or C5 show Terrahawks & Star Fleet because at least you can be sure more than 10 people will watch them, unless the Beeb stick them on BBC 3 then no one will see them this is the info for FIVE or C5 If you have a specific enquiry about a Five programme or wish to make a comment about Five in general, please call the Duty Office on:08457 050505(calls are charged at local rate)Alternatively, write to them at:Duty OfficeFive22 Long AcreLondonWC2E 9LYdutyoffice@five.tvand for sky one, who have been showing captain scarlet on Sky One Mix its...Viewer relationsFor programme/channel advice and feedback email: viewerr@bskyb.comGeneral EnquiriesIf you require any assistance in choosing a package, joining us or just need general information, please call us on 08702 40 40 40 (1800 535 767 in the Republic of Ireland) or email us at skydigital@sky.comchannel names may be out of date by the time you read this post as they seem to change them on a daily basis these daysNigel
Stephen La Riviere

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

This has been an avenue I have been exploring recently. One of the major problems with Terrahawks is the lack of useable masters - the ones used on the DVDs would never pass technical specs. The only really transmittable material is cut.I think the best route to go would be channel 5. The BBC don't have an interest in Terrahawks as far as I can ascertain and to be brutally honest if they haven't picked up the broadcast rights to Joe 90, it's unlikely they're going to be interested Terrahawks.Channel 5 is the most likely path I think. Though it cannot harm to try other channels, but a terrestrial repeat would be best. Actually - the other route to use is LWT - they retain all 39 episodes so it wouldn't be too much of a headache for them to screen it again.I think bombarding Channel 5 and LWTs duty offices is the way to go...Fingers tightly crossed.
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Crash

Post by Crash »

Lets face it there might be a reason for not chasing up joe 90 - seeing as its rubbish.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Stephen La Riviere

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

>>Lets face it there might be a reason for not chasing up joe 90 - seeing as its rubbish.<<And sadly just as many people would say the same of Terrahawks.It's a good idea this petition though. It would be nice to see it back on TV.
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Crash

Post by Crash »

Yes except they'd be wrong, wouldn't they.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Hey Zero, I love your moving avatar picture! How can anyone resist the zeroids? There has never been anything like them; R2D2 is a darling, but not a patch on them. I can think of only two acceptable reasons for disliking Terrahawks: if people find the YungStar-bashing too distressing; or if someone saw it when they were too small to cope with the likes of Sram, and still have nightmares to this day. Personally, I can literally count the things in life I value more than Thawks, on one hand: my family and cats, my job, and having good food. (My rambling clubs I rate equal.)At the time, someone on TV said Yung-Star was the only thing she hated about Terrahawks, because he gurgled. I thought that hard-hearted of her; but since she liked the programme generally, she is still a valuable person, who deserves a long, healthy, happy and prosperous life. What was the transmittable material that has been cut? Is there a difference between "useable masters" and the episodes retained by LWT?