DVD Box Set 3

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Stephen La Riviere

DVD Box Set 3

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

In the next week, full details will be known, by me too it seems.I do know a little, but I can't say anything due to various things.All I can say is that I assembled and produced two hours of extras, including interviews and previously unseen footage. This is for the UK DVDs. What's happening to these extras I cannot say. I'm not entirely sure myself.The US DVDs will feature two commentaries, done by someone else.I'm sorry to be unhelpful, but it won't be until this week that anything is confirmed as far as I know.
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Kinggodzillak

DVD Box Set 3

Post by Kinggodzillak »

And I would have explained all that in my earlier post, but I thought he'd better do it.
Stephen La Riviere

DVD Box Set 3

Incidentally, the commentaries will not feature on the UK release. And the interviews / featurettes / other goodies, will only appear on the UK set.
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
NC

DVD Box Set 3

Post by NC »

Is there any reason for this? Other than getting me to buy both versions ;)
Stephen La Riviere

DVD Box Set 3

>>Hiya, Stephen and Kinggodzillak (there, you see, I can do it right this time ;) ), I am sorry about my rants earlier. I supposed there had been invested quite some effort to produce the interviews and documentaries<<You bet. I spent sometimes four days at a time locked in an edit suite! Everything I did is definitely coming out. I went back to do a small re-edit the other week to include some newly found material. This material will be on DVD before the year is out, that I know for definite.>> But I shall sit tight and wait till the details are fully knowns<<I can assure you that only two things of mine have made it to discs 7, 8 and 9. One is the small Zelda voice over and the other is an easter egg on disc 7. >>By the way, how come there is a separate R1 and R4 release, if the ones from the UK are no-region (or R0)? Or, is perhaps the R1 just a re-formated edition to comfort with the NTSC? <<Different countries, different licenses. Revelation's may be R0, but their license is for the UK.
NC

DVD Box Set 3

Post by NC »

Okay so there are only 2 things on the soon to be released DVDs, yet you say ALL your stuff will be on DVD before the end of the year... Hmmmmm... very interesting Mr Bond.Nigel putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 23?
Stephen La Riviere

DVD Box Set 3

You have to understand, I just made the programmes, what happens to them afterwards I have no control over Basically, the only thing of mine that features on 7, 8 and 9 is a small one minute bit and a short voice over I did.Everything else - Revisiting the Future, Kevin Davies, Steve Begg, Richard Gregory Interviews, American end titles, original opening titles, Gerryhawks etc. - that will feature elsewhere. That's all I really know.Sorry to be so unhelpful. But I certainly hope it's all worth waiting for...