Sweet Dreams are made of this...

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Well, the poor lamb! First he has his mother calling him a "slobbering cretin" or equivalent, every other time she addresses him, then Birlgoy comes along, keeps blowing him up, and getting him into trouble for retaliating (that is SO unfair!), now you're accusing him of having halitosis. (You have made me laugh, though. ) When he shows his caring side towards his niece, saying "Don't worry, I'll take care of you" it gets thrown in his face by his nephew emerging, saying "Well what are you waiting for, termite-head...?" I'm telling you, it's about time someone loved him! (Incidentally, I think It-Star is the only being in the universe towards whom Zelda is consistently affectionate.)I don't think I would share his taste in food, though, you're right; I like eating dead animal flesh! And I can't pretend I wanted him to succeed in torturing Kate, in the spiked chamber, as she is one of my heroines. It would be great to accompany him (and Cystar) to a disco playing Kate's best songs, though. Zelda's such an old fogey, she wouldn't want to come!What I would like to find out is why some lads I have encountered (on the internet and in real life) fancy Kylie Minogue. Although I have proven that I can be in love with someone ugly, I don't think I could ever fancy anyone THAT ugly! Her big gob is as scary as any of Zelda's monsters.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Who are your favourite Thawks characters, Tej? (I apologise if you have already told us that in another thread.) I really think Yung-Star is one of the 3 most entertaining, along with the sergeant zeroids (those 2 just make me feel maternal). In all honesty, no child of Zelda's could have looks on a par with Princess Keeli or Lamia's, I'm not going to dispute that. But I wouldn't change Yung-Star's appearance, nevertheless, because then the character wouldn't be the same. It just wouldn't be "fitting" if he was a regular ordinary-looking guy, would it? As I said, I used to fancy another animated character with sticking-out teeth, so maybe I have a subconscious fetish!And I do think Kylie M is uglier than Yung-Star; her looks are about equal with Cystar's (although Cystar would be worse if she didn't have her wig! ) I saw one or two Neighbours episodes in the late 80s, so I can truthfully say that Kylie wasn't as amusing as any of the Terrahawks characters I like.Re the androids' diet, Cystar lets slip that they only need a few minerals per month. Yung-Star is (in a way) like me, too fond of his food!Digressing, I wonder if any Terrahawks viewer disliked Mary? I doubt it, as she is such a soothing, heart-warming person. I'm a fan of Kate, but others might not be so keen on her if her music isn't to their taste?I wonder if I will ever find someone else, anywhere in the world, who would like to **** Yung-Star?
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I should have guessed you would say Zero, from your avatar choice. Years ago, my dad said he liked Zero best, too; and the said Sergeant Major seems to be the most popular on the poll, in another site. He is indeed adorable, almost as cute as my Whopper (big fluffy orange tom-cat), but so is 101, I will never be able to choose between the two of them. Something that interested me, last time I checked the poll, was that Hawkeye had the third highest number of votes. I wonder why? I like him, sure, I'm not dissing him; but he isn't a particularly outstanding character, and it has been noted that he actually fades from prominence as the series progresses.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I'll never stop wondering why the zeroids didn't become bigger household names! A nice ex-housemate of mine (I was so sorry when she left) said she liked Zero best, and her least favourite was "that Hawkseye guy" (she meant Ninestein) because he picked on Zero. That's something I can't understand myself, although the "2 + 2" issue in Midnight Blue is so hilarious, it's what puts the episode in my Top 5. It's strange, because Tiger generally tries to be strict but fair, he doesn't have a go at other characters unless he genuinely thinks there is a need.My dad was already into Windsor Davies, so Zero was an easy choice for him. He also liked Dix-Huit, and Zelda, because he thought it was a good portrayal of an old hag.