THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Stephen La Riviere

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

It will be out next February. According a magazine the set will come in special packaging in the form of a Cube. It will also a feature a 12 page colour booklet on the series which I wrote.For those that are interested my graphics designer has added a piece about the programme, Revisiting the Future, to his website.It can be found here: http://www.andrewswann.co.uk/terrahawks.html
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Rachel

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Rachel »

Digressing a bit, I'm just wondering, how are the original prints of programmes and films in general protected from potential hazards like fire and flood? I'm stabbing in the dark, but guessing the original Terrahawks prints were probably lost in a disaster like that?
Stephen La Riviere

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Sadly, the negatives of Terrahawks are missing for no other reason than no one gives a ####.However, I think I've found an adequate alternative...
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Rachel

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Rachel »

So, it was just carelessness, someone picking up a pile of papers to go in the bin, not realising that the negatives were somewhere amongst them? Please, what sort of staff are employed to be in charge of these things? I'm sure many a person has been sacked from other jobs for committing blunders more forgivable than that! Just think, if I had been 10 or 20 years younger, I would never have got to see T'hawks on TV; as I'm otherwise not interested in Gerry Anderson at all, I would probably know nothing about the series.I want something red, to match the fire in my eyes!
Jon Talpur

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Jon Talpur »

EDIT: Removed extraneous queries.
Rachel

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Rachel »

Come to think of it, why does God (according to the Church) expect us to give a **** about the life of every Earthling, regardless of what they're like? The day He forces me to comply with that is the day I allow myself to be deflowered by Sram, Moid and Captain Goat, all at the same time. (Watch out for flying pigs, that day!)I'm not quite sure what to believe regarding the afterlife, but I just bet if I'm ever reincarnated, in 100 years or so, Chunderbirds/Thunderberks and Stink-ray will still be on TV, but I won't be exposed to the 2 superior programmes of the genre!
NC

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by NC »

Yikes I've never seen Rachel so fired up, calm down, breath and count to 10... 1... 2... 3... 4... oh forget it Well if there is any good news its that you might soon (soon being a relative term meaning sometime in the future) get to see a brand new Terrahawks... the script is in the works it needs a little something, but I can report the scenes with YungStar in are very funny and Rachel you'll love them. And the best thing of all is its being done by people who actually like the series, not by some director desperate for a job and then changing things, I promise I will not make the cast teenagers or preteens...Hope that helps Nigel
Stephen La Riviere

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

>>the script is in the works it needs a little something,<<An ending at the moment...>>but I can report the scenes with YungStar in are very funny and Rachel you'll love them.<<You're too kind ;)>>And the best thing of all is its being done by people who actually like the series, not by some director desperate for a job and then changing things, I promise I will not make the cast teenagers or preteens...<<####... So does that mean I have to write Zelda's age reversing ray out?
NC

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by NC »

Quote An ending at the moment...Ah yes I knew there was something Quote ####... So does that mean I have to write Zelda's age reversing ray out? Ah I meant to have a word with you about that, and this secret organisation can we remove their name tags as well ;) Whats next sign posts to the secret base ;)Nigel