Kates Song

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Kinggodzillak

Kates Song

Post by Kinggodzillak »

I've been trying to work out all the songs she sang through the series. Can anyone add any I've forgotten?Be My StarElectra CityI won't Let You Hold Me ResponsibleLiving in the 21st CenturySpeedy Little RoadsterI Believe in LoveI've Got the PowerSOSI Tune in to YouAny others?(Edited by Kinggodzillak at 9:51 pm on Jan. 1, 2003)
Rachel

Kates Song

Post by Rachel »

Is "Speedy Little Roadster" the same one as "I Don't Want Your Cadillac"? There is also the one she sings in Unseen Menace, that goes "You're the one who makes me feel alright." I haven't verified the proper title of this one, so you may have included it.
Adam

Kates Song

Post by Adam »

>>Electra City<<Is it Electra? I thought it was Electric City.
Kinggodzillak

Kates Song

Post by Kinggodzillak »

>>Is "Speedy Little Roadster" the same one as "I Don't Want Your Cadillac"? Yes.>>Electra City<< Is it Electra? I thought it was Electric City.Thats what the credits say. I thought it was 'Lift your Spirit'
Kinggodzillak

Kates Song

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Well, I got the Fanderson CD today, and this is the full list of songs:I've got the PowerI Tune into YouBe My Star TonightIts So EasyElectra CityI Won't Let You Hold Me (Responsible)Need You TonightFaster than the Speed of LoveYou're the OneI Believe in Love this ChristmasS.O.SFighting for a Phone BoxSilver Blue RollerLiving in the 21st CenturyDon't Take My HeartSadly the disc only has SOS, Its So Easy and Living in the 21st Century. The rest are missing, presumed destroyed It does have an instrumental version of I've Got the Power on it, though.
Rachel

Kates Song

Post by Rachel »

I'm glad I didn't order it, then, if it only has 3 songs! It's rare to have a song played in its entirety on an episode, so I suppose copying the records from the series wasn't an option. (The fight initiated by Stu in Space Cyclops is very hilarious, but it annoys me that it disrupts Kate's performance of Be My Star Tonight!)<p>I read somewhere that Living in 21st Century was used as the end theme tune in America; what on Earth possessed someone to decide that? The words are relevant to the series, but it's one of Kate's least riveting songs, and the proper theme tune is so impeccable, why not stick with that? Of all the programmes I can think of, the only other 2 that spring to mind with equally lovely theme tunes are Starfleet and the Adventures of Black Beauty.
Kinggodzillak

Kates Song

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Living in the 21st Century on the disc isn't the full version, though, just the way it was remixed for US end credits, which apparently feature a Zeroid and Cube bouncing up and down, and ends with a 'smash' (which is on the cd) as the Zeroid lands on and breaks the Cube.I've used the DVDs to reconstruct Be My Star Tonight, but on a program that can't save it, so I only have a very poor quality copy of it.
Rachel

Kates Song

Post by Rachel »

So they didn't have the noughts'n'crosses in the US, either? Goodness knows why they wanted to mess around with the cool ending!
Stephen La Riviere

Kates Song

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

>>Well, I got the Fanderson CD today<<*Ahem* Mr. K - that's my Christmas present you've got there - stop reading and playing it and hand it over! ;)
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk