New Boxset?

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Jon Talpur

New Boxset?

Post by Jon Talpur »

There's a thread about this long-delayed set on the FAB Forum, and Stephen assures that Revelation will release the set at some point (unsurprisingly, this time no date mentioned).http://www.looking-beyond.net/fabforum/ ... .php?t=872
Jon Talpur

New Boxset?

Post by Jon Talpur »

Just a heads up for anyone who's still waiting on the complete set (with extras disc), it's finally been given a release date: 5th July 2004.http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... Revelation seem to have wisely reduced their original price down from £100! Here's hoping that it will actually come out on time this time (although to be fair, I think this is the first time the set has been listed on any DVD sites).
Adam

New Boxset?

Post by Adam »

Same here. It's a shame to miss out on the extras disc but I still don't want the nine other discs with it and I can't see the price of the boxset going any lower. Lets hope the extra disc goes out latter on its own.
AndyThomas

New Boxset?

Post by AndyThomas »

Amazon have got some wacky pricing going on for Terrahawks in general. No sign of the uber box set on their list yet though. But bizarrely you could pick up volumes one, two and three or four, five and six for less than the cost of any single volume individually! Have a look:http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... eetxbom-21
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Jon Talpur

New Boxset?

Post by Jon Talpur »

Since we're approaching the apparent release date from the complete 10-DVD set, I just checked on Play's site and unsurprsingly found the release date has been put back to 19th July.I hope this doesn't become a trend...
Rachel

New Boxset?

Post by Rachel »

I have decided to get the boxset, because I'm so afraid of something going wrong with my copies, it's probably a good idea to have one spare. I thought my vol. 3 DVD was conked the other day: in the final "chapter" of one episode, it started stuttering, and paused of its own accord, with the screen gone all chequered. I cleaned it with the appropriate stuff bought from HMV, and at first I thought that had made it even worse, because it was refusing to load at all! However, I gave it another wipe, and (touch wood) it then recovered. It has still prompted me to get a complete "spare" set, though, and the extras DVD will be a bonus.I certainly don't seem to have a Midas touch when it comes to technology. CDs can also become dodgy on certain tracks, for no apparent reason.
NC

New Boxset?

Post by NC »

Quote (Rachel @ 06 July 2004,12:47)I have decided to get the boxset,Rachel did you get the boxset? is it just 10 standard DVD boxes wrapped in a big cardboard box or is it like the Joe90 and new Thunderbirds boxes that fold a lot smaller, I've limited shelf space now ThanksNigel
Rachel

New Boxset?

Post by Rachel »

Sorry, I haven't ordered or bought one yet; I'll keep you posted. I have read that it is like a cube; Stephen is the expert.