Vid of Interest

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Crash

Vid of Interest

Post by Crash »

That would be outstanding - I was thinking of that myself but it's not really my area.Make a torrent of it. There's already a rip of the UK DVDs I think.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Vid of Interest

Post by Shane »

(Bradster @ Jan. 17 2010,19:43)QUOTEI do have a good friend who got a set of the Japanese DVDs on eBay a couple months ago, though, and I have this particular project planned in which I'll rip the video from his DVDs and try to splice it together with the audio from my UK DVDs, trimming the video for the UK edit where necessary. The best of both worlds! Of course, only my friend and I would reap the benefits of such a project, as I wouldn't exactly be redistributing the Frankenstein video... but it would be the ultimate Star Fleet viewing experience.Yeah, a project I think many people on here have wanted to do for a long time. Now that the Star Fleet DVDs are out and you can get hold of a copy of X Bomber it should be a relative breeze.Heck, if you wanted to get really creative you could just about custom build your own isolated stereo music track too using the Paul Bliss soundtrack CD. (Actually that would be fun, I might try that at some point just for my own jollies).Incorporate all the footage from around the net including that nice new X Bomber video and you could make, for your own pleasure, the ultimate Star Fleet/X Bomber DVD.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Bradster

Vid of Interest

Post by Bradster »

(Crash Override @ Jan. 17 2010,14:59)QUOTEMake a torrent of it. There's already a rip of the UK DVDs I think.No way would I be making a torrent of it. Not yet, anyway. Maybe in another year or so? Pirating Star Fleet so soon after the DVD's release seems like a terrible idea since it means fewer of already small sales, thereby further discouraging any possibility of future releases of the Star Fleet franchise.

Zordon

Vid of Interest

Post by Zordon »

I was thinking if someone could get some of the footage from that video. rig up a few bits of the missing X-bomber footage, add some crafty paul bliss music and you get a new Dai-X launch sequence.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Son Of Chronos

Vid of Interest

Post by Son Of Chronos »

(Bradster @ Jan. 17 2010,20:28)QUOTE
(Crash Override @ Jan. 17 2010,14:59)QUOTEMake a torrent of it. There's already a rip of the UK DVDs I think.No way would I be making a torrent of it. Not yet, anyway. Maybe in another year or so? Pirating Star Fleet so soon after the DVD's release seems like a terrible idea since it means fewer of already small sales, thereby further discouraging any possibility of future releases of the Star Fleet franchise.Well I hate to say it but theirs already a torrent for SF, I seen it before I even knew their was a DVD I ignored it because one, I had no idea their was DVD and two, I thought it was a VCD copy like the one I got years ago.Needless to say it didnt have many seeds about 8 or less which shows how unpopular the show is, not saying you should go ahead and do what you do, but I think SF has sold what its going to sell by now and any real fan would buy the DVD's anyway.I still havent seen the Soundtrack anywhere online thats a good thing, cant say the same for Andersons music though, I guess some fans werent happy for some reason.Anyway all this talk about better quality on the japanese one makes me want to see it, if someone could do a screen grab side by side that would be great.Its a pity the UK version has poor quality, however I guess you cant have it all, its defently better in other departments.I combined version would be awesome.
Crash

Vid of Interest

Post by Crash »

Yeah I already saw the torrent but Brad's right. We don't wanna make the piracy problem any worse for Star Fleet by 'advertising' a supercharged unofficial release. I wasn't suggesting we did it tomorrow.I'll try and find one of those programs that creates screenshots every minute or so during a film. I know they exist.Am pleased to hear no-one's pirated the soundtrack. We lucked out getting that. The Anderson ones are available elsewhere even if a specific one isn't torrented because Fanderson don't sell to 'anyone'. The piracy probably doesn't hurt them since the record sales are limited by number anyway.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Vid of Interest

Post by Shane »

I did a few comparison shots between the X Bomber and Star Fleet DVDs and posted them in a thread on here somewhere, but I'll be jiggered if can find it now.
Happosai

Vid of Interest

Post by Happosai »

I'll have to check this video out when I get home!Seeing as people are mentioning potential DVD-related projects, can anyone confirm whether the Japanese DVDs contain Japanese-language subtitles?[Happosai]
Shane

Vid of Interest

Post by Shane »

The Japanese X Bomber DVDs don't have any subtitles. The bonus disc, however, which is a DVD presentation of, Star Fleet: Space Quest for F01, does have optional Japanese subtitles.

Happosai

Vid of Interest

Post by Happosai »

Cheers for the confirmation...oh well, so much for attempting to do a translated script version of the Japanese series.[Happosai]