Terrahawks - The Motion Picture

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Well, I think it's rather a shame they didn't make a Terrahawks film in the 80s, with the puppets; if they had, it would probably be my favourite movie ever. But I really wouldn't want to see a live-action film of it; especially because if they got different people to do zeroid voices, for such a project, it would just be so sad! But if it did exist, the only casting possibilities I can think of right now are Liz Smith for Cystar, Janet Jackson for Kate, and if he were still alive, David Rappaport could have been Stu.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

To be honest I can't see anyone making a Terrahawks Movie, the same way anyone one make a Star Fleet movie. Nothing against the two but Thunderbirds has a masive following. if you look in any Anderson related book Thunderbirds will stick out a lot, were as Terrahawks is literaly a footnote in some books.Star fleet on the other hand could actualy be made into a movie. You'l be suprised how this could work, take the ideals of the show.A crew made up of the classic architypes.Evil alien invadersA giant red transforming robotA mysterious Girl of unknown origins.I myself would turn it into an anime. Live action stuff may look a bit Power Rangers, I know for a fact how bad that movie was and I'm a keen follower of the franchise.Who knows maybe Anderson will give Terrahawks a go. He's curently resurected Captain Scarlet as a CGI series.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I have no interest in Chunderburps, but I am looking forward to the live Garfield movie. I really wouldn't campaign for a live Terrahawks film, because it just wouldn't be as good as the series; it would be painful to watch, unless the casting was absolutely impeccable! A 90-minute film using the puppets would have been a different kettle of fish; but never mind...When browsing the Complete Gerry Anderson, I read that there was an idea to have a Terrahawks spin-off, just about the zeroids and cubes. That would have been sweet; I for one can't get enough of the zeroids. I wonder, would the people (either goodies or baddies) have appeared in the programme at all?
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Terrahawks got a mention on Radio 2 this morning: someone had written/phoned in saying she would like to be "Destiny Angel" so she could get to snog Captain Scarlet. Someone else had apparently said "And what's wrong with Zelda from Terrahawks? She was gorgeous!"The DJ said "D'you remember Terrahawks, it was good!" That is a guy who definitely speaks through his mouth!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Do you suppose there will ever be a live Thundercats movie? That would be feasible, if they got some costumes and face-paint for the actors. Michelle Pfeiffer could be Cheetara, although I don't know how fast she can run.
HawksFanatic24

Post by HawksFanatic24 »

Hi, It's Rachael from Brooklyn, NY. I so totally can campaign for a Terrahwks flick. Let's just hope that it's not as big a dissapointment as the Thunderbirds fick was in the US. I loved it though, I saw it 15 times already (2 times in the movies, and 13 times on DVD already).They are gonna make a Terrahawks movie i think it's in the works. I'm not sure when it's gonna be released.Thanks and write back,Rachael KeaneP.S: I love this pic.
"To be brave, first you have to be afraid."
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

HawksFanatic (or any other 'hawks expert), I don't suppose you know of any other Web forum that is just dedicated to Terrahawks? I know there's at least one very good forum for Anderson programmes generally, with some absolutely fabulous people; but it would be even better to find one where 100% of the visitors (not just 50%) are guaranteed to make my heart burn with love, and not with a more unhealthy emotion. If there is one, it would be a shame to miss out...
NC

Post by NC »

www.terrahawks.comno forum, but one day this will break free of development ####.I don't think there would be enough visitors to make a forum worth while.