DVD Complete Terrahawks bargain..

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Mr Bilston

Post by Mr Bilston »

Just browsing online and saw that the complete series is for sale in a lot of places for under £15 now, but even better than that it is here for under £10..Lovefilm

Crash

Post by Crash »

That's very good - I remember when this DVD came out I was still at school and the cost was just a little more than I felt I could stretch to.I did recently watch the series through and there were some less-than-worthy episodes later-on but there were some very good ones too.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

For my birthday last Thursday, I got a pleasant surprise; the Terrahawks DVD set.Been watching it for the past few days... Good stuff. (never enough clips online to ever judge the whole series itself, not that I ever doubted it would be good)

Crash

Post by Crash »

Many happy returns.The music's fantastic in that show.If only they could have pushed the production values up to meet and support the show's lofty ideas.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I bought 2 DVD sets of the complete series. The first, released in the format of 3 different seasons, I was dismayed to find the sound would develop a crackly echoing resonance at times (seeing the same episodes again the next day, it could be as normal again; but the risk was still very irritating). I really don't know whether that was the fault of the discs, or the DVD player; in any case, that player was returned, and I got another one.The second Thawks set, all in one box, complete with the "extras" disc, hasn't had that problem; and with that release, the discs = much easier to remove from their cases, so preferable! But they're still fragile in a different way, I've noticed they became "chequered" more quickly/easily than most DVDs of other programmes/films. (Mind you, I returned a Thundercats DVD to the shop, and got a replacement, because it was chequered in one spot; whereas I should probably have tried applying a wipe to it, first.)Will the complete Terrahawks ever be available to view online, as a backup? The first episode is on Youtube, and A Xmas Miracle is on a site called Dailymotion (I don't know if I should be advertising that, in case the kind person who posted it could get into trouble; maybe I ought to shut up...) Doesn't Kate look gorgeous in her gold wig and outfit, in Xmas Miracle?
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hmm, sorry to hear the DVDs are pretty fragile.Sounds like they really cheaped out on them like they did with the later runs of TNG.Difference is that we get TNG on Bluray soon to make up for it.Download and install this:http://www.utorrent.com/And then take your pick from here:http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=terrahawks
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Cheers, I'll check out the Torrent when I have oodles of time.I must keep a checklist in my mind, of all the ways to avoid causing permanent damage to DVDs. They say that deep scratches can't be fixed; so I must keep all discs away from my cats' claws!