Secret Santa

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Secret Santa

Post by Rachel »

Hi, does anyone remember me? In this year's Secret Santa at work, the other day, I ended up with a pressie that Ninestein would love: Ice Invaders, a tray for making alien-shaped ice-cubes. (I'm waiting for a heatwave, to use them.)On the back of the package it says "Did you spend a good portion of your childhood blasting 2-dimensional aliens to smithereens? Now you can freeze those precious moments in time with Ice Invaders... These icy aliens are sure to score high with children of the 80's and their game-loving descendants. It's a close encounter of the frozen kind."A good little bit of consolation in a dreadful week: earlier in the year I made a good Internet friend, a true kindred spirit, and have been informed via Facebook this week that she has died. (I'm still hoping it may be hoax.)
Crash

Secret Santa

Post by Crash »

Definitely hadn't forgotten! Welcome back!That is terrible news. That's the problem with internet - everything's a joke until it's not. I hope it turns out to be nonsense. That prezzie does sound good actually, but what would be even better, is those plastic ice-cubes (that have the water inside and don't melt into your drink) shaped as space invaders. That way you could have them in vibrant colours.Those would really be awesome.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Secret Santa

Post by Vanessa »

Hi there,You won't remember me as I'm quite new to this forum, but hello anyway.I'm getting the feeling that you're quite a big Terrahawks fan... Flaming Thunderbolts!I like Crash's idea of plastic ice cubes with water inside, but maybe have them shaped (and coloured) like Zelda's cubes?Now That would be really cool, well, for those with a penchant for Terrahawks anyway.Mmmm! Granite Crunchies anyone?
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Secret Santa

Post by Crash »

Problem with Terrahawks being that nothing was very colourful or bright was it?All the ships and machines were a dirty, oily grey with a bit of red or orange here and there.Those cube things were a horrible colour scheme as well.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Secret Santa

Post by Rachel »

Hello again, thanks, and Merry Xmas! If anyone wants to see what I look like, I have posted the most recent messages on the wall of the Starfleet & Terrahawks Appreciation Society on Facebook. (The photo is of me with my cat Napoleon on my lap.)Despite having stuffed myself all day, I think I still have room for some granite crunchies!

Shane

Secret Santa

Post by Shane »

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Hadn't realised there were several Star Fleet pages on Facebook.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Rachel

Secret Santa

Post by Rachel »

There's someone called Kate Kestrel on Facebook. I asked her if that was her real name, or if she named herself after my childhood heroine. She hasn't answered my question, although she did accept my "friend" request.
Happosai

Secret Santa

Post by Happosai »

(Crash Override @ Dec. 20 2010,01:40)QUOTEThat prezzie does sound good actually, but what would be even better, is those plastic ice-cubes (that have the water inside and don't melt into your drink) shaped as space invaders. That way you could have them in vibrant colours.Those would really be awesome.Just use fruit juice rather than plain water to make coloured ice cubes![Happosai]
Rachel

Secret Santa

Post by Rachel »

This year, I ended up with a CD of Xmas carol tunes performed in symphony style. Good news: I'm back in touch with the Internet friend, after a silence of nearly 12 months. She's alive, but her name is different from what she told me before: she had wanted to kill off her former Internet "persona". She's half my age, but I feel we are soul-mates.