Best Movie Theme Tune

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Rachel

Best Movie Theme Tune

Post by Rachel »

What's the best film theme tune you've heard? Mine belongs to a 1960s Western; the title consists of 3 adjectives which could describe, respectively, an angel, a devil & a gargoyle.
Vanessa

Best Movie Theme Tune

Post by Vanessa »

I know which one you mean, and I admit it's a great tune. Most of those Spaghetti Westerns had a decent score, I'm a big admirer of composer Ennio Morricone's work.I also think that many of the Bond films had great theme tunes, especially the early ones.The 1971 film "The Burglars" also had a great theme tune, and this was also Ennio's work.I think that "Alien" had an excellent theme tune as well, as did "The Third Man".So many great films to choose from!My favourite film for opening credits imagery has to be Hitchcock's "North by Northwest".What an old woman I am! LOL.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Rachel

Best Movie Theme Tune

Post by Rachel »

"Goldfinger" = a great Bond theme; especially as it makes me think of a Terrahawks episode, Coldfinger.
Crash

Best Movie Theme Tune

Post by Crash »

I figure TV shows usually have better music than films.I'm thinking of Airwolf, Thunderbirds, various Gundams, Macross F, Gravion, Babylon 5 - you name it.Often, the films with the best music don't have specific theme songs as the Bond films do.Thunderball has an awesome soundtrack but the opening theme is ... well it's Tom Jones.Transformers - great soundtrack but no specific theme tune at the start.Again, The Rock and loads of films, you can say the same.Galaxy Quest manages to nail both.
Dream big and bold and daring.
FZeroOne

Best Movie Theme Tune

Post by FZeroOne »

Not sure if it counts as a "theme" tune as such, but I've always liked the "Godzilla March":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDeU42u2s2Y(Note that this clip moves on to the "Self Defence Force March" - i.e. the poor guys in the plastic tanks who go out and get melted by the Big Gs nuclear fire-breath... )

"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Vanessa

Best Movie Theme Tune

Post by Vanessa »

Hey great choice there! (sorry for the late reply, ain't it this forum all over).That is just so unmistakably Godzilla, right from the first few bars.I'm just a total sucker for Godzilla, although my personal favourite will always be Mecha-Godzilla. And out of M-G's five film appearances, the second outing in "Terror of Mecha-Godzilla" ranks highest in my book, and I have the awesome Bandai model of that particular M-G(2) as well!Happy Days!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

Best Movie Theme Tune

Post by Shane »

I think when it comes to classic tv themes, The Equalizer and Street Hawk are my faves...ah hell, got to throw in V: The Final Battle and AirWolf as well.Filmwise, I'd go for Blade Runner, Lawrence of Arabia and Taxi Driver.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
dsherratt74

Best Movie Theme Tune

Post by dsherratt74 »

No contest - The Last Starfighter. Classic theme and a damn awesome ship as well.  But I also love Underground, the theme from Labyrinth.   But if we're adding TV themes too then I'm with Shane the theme to V was awesome, but I always had a soft spot for the original Battlestar Galactica theme and of course the theme to Star Fleet (c'mon people!)
"A brave man is lauded even if he fails, a coward is reviled without question"X-Bomber art on dA