An X-Bomber model kit? Maybe.

Chat about collectables, videos
dsherratt74

Post by dsherratt74 »

Yep the dimensions for the X-Bomber are in the encyclopedia. They can be found on page 7 (pg 10 of the pdf) and the dimensions for the three fighters are in there too on pages 50-52  (pgs 53-55 of the pdf). Seems we're all wrong if these dimensions are accurate. According to the encyclopedia the dimensions are. X-BomberLength - 259.5 metresHeight - 39.5 metresWidth - 38 metresWeight 70,600 Tons (At least I think it tons, Google translate couldn't match the printed text with it's translation and 70,000 kgs seems a little light for such a big ship)  BraincomLength - 7.2 metresHeight - 8.3 metresWidth - 14 metresMainbodyLength - 25.5 metresHeight - 8.6 metresWidth - 26 metresLegtraxLength - 19 metresHeight - 7.5 metresWidth - 27.5 metresNot come across any dimensions for any of the Alliance ships yet, but Ill keep looking to see if they are present in there.I'll start working out scale ratios in the next couple of days to find a decent size for the kit.
"A brave man is lauded even if he fails, a coward is reviled without question"X-Bomber art on dA
Crash

Post by Crash »

Good find, I couldn't find sizes for the Alliance ships.Have they printed those figures the right way around?I saw just the same figures and supposed that LegTrax must be 27.5m lengthways and 19m across.MainBody, again, seems marginally longer than it is wide and X-Bomber; wider than it is tall.A Challenger II MBT is 62 tonnes at 8.3m length.A Nimitz-class CVN 100,000 tonnes at 333m. So that weight in tonnes works out very nicely.I always liked the idea of X-Bomber being bigger than 200m.In one scene a monitor shows the various paths of the tracks that carry the pilots' chairs through the ship to the fighters.I also had a mental picture of a 200m course at an athletics track and 160 or 170m, which we seemed to derive before, just didn't make sense in my mind for the whole thing to work.
Dream big and bold and daring.
dsherratt74

Post by dsherratt74 »

As far as I know I translated it right, of course I can't read Japanese so it's possible I've messed up somewhere. But I do agree some of them do seem a little off. Especially on Legtrax, I suppose they could have put them the wrong way round or, more likely, I've read it wrong.I've worked out scale ratios based on these dimensions for a model and come up with some options, 1:600, 1:650, 1:700 or 1:750, which translates to 43cm, 40cm, 37cm or 35cm respectively. What scale would everyone like to see the model in?
"A brave man is lauded even if he fails, a coward is reviled without question"X-Bomber art on dA
Crash

Post by Crash »

Can't say I have a strong preference there. Any of those would be fine.I was thinking before that Dai-X must be uncommonly tall but those dimensions push it beyond what I was expecting, which was about 50m.If you think of Gundams, which are massive, Infinite Justice is nearly 19m, for example.Valkyries; more like 15m, you're talking.The size of about 67m for Dai-X seems about right. In a Gundam or a Valkyrie, the cockpit takes up about 50% of the interior of the chest. On the Dai-X, the three cockpits are fairly insignificant.Looking at the Dai-X Fighters attached to X-Bomber, If you assume a length of 260m for X-Bomber, the Fighter dimensions work out from that point of view as well.So, you're close to the 80m height of an Eva that way.
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

(dsherratt74 @ Mar. 31 2013,21:27)QUOTEAs far as I know I translated it right, of course I can't read Japanese so it's possible I've messed up somewhere. But I do agree some of them do seem a little off. Especially on Legtrax, I suppose they could have put them the wrong way round or, more likely, I've read it wrong.Yeah, you've got the widths and lengths for all the three parts of Dai-X the wrong way around. The dimensions you've given for X-Bomber are correct, and its weight is indeed in tons.[Happosai]
Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

Hello. I allow to intervene being this day can be the only owner of a model 3d of x bomber (bomber x as we call it in France) and I say it with a false modesty because I proud to have it at the house. I heard that the original models had burned during the fire of the studio in Japan. I do not approach here the toys of red color having the aspect of the x -bomber, but remaining nevertheless toys. For information, by for lack of time(and can be of competence), I had made realize  three, or four years ago a model of 60 cms of x bomber  by an amateur model maker. He had used for it, largely some strong cardboard, but also part of IT recovery(recycling) and part were realized in resin.  It had cost me for this model the 500-euro sum, knowing that it was about a completely original model with unique event and requiring several working hours.Concerning the size of 60 cms, I consider that it is neither too big (that can expose himself everywhere) nor too small and let glimpse all the details. Naturally we can choose smaller, but below 30 cms, effectively it would be it's a pity. The only reserve of the model was the color, the model maker real fan of star wars had made a mistake in spite of the supplied documentation and my bomber had the dress of a x wing with some red on the place of brownI remedied it even if errors persist. Now with regard to your productions dsherratt, I can say that I am very admiring both by the depiction and by the decoration, your model CGI of the Bomber and completed.Your model or your models should I say because is also the enemy hunters(fighters) and carry( hunters(fighters) (of the Empire Uranor commanded by admiral Carzule as we call him in the French version) very resembling. Doors hunters(fighters) reminded me in ants with them red eyes, I dreamed and nightmares there when I was childish. I wait for your modelling of the cruiser of commander Makara, a real monster. Concerning its realization in model, the main stumbling block would come for me that it cheated to light it in the style of a destroyer star wars. Without light the charm of the monster would fall again and it is there, all the technical difficulty. It is the good initiative knowing that a production in chain implies choices on the scale, the prize the choice of materials (resin?), the number of buyers, paint or not, the time to realize them, the personal investment;For my part, since Paris, I am completely behind you and I would be very interested in this projectCordially ps1 please excuse me I use the translation software Reverso, my English is too approximate  ps2 One hello to Andy Thomas, the creator of the site who knew of big health problem, I hope that he can well recover,

FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

You have to be careful with Gundams and dimensions - the original RX-78s proportions are based off it being a x10 scale proportionally compared to an "average" human, which is where its mass of approx. 72 tonnes comes from. The Gundams from "Wing", on the other hand, weigh about eight (!) tonnes each but are roughly the same size as the RX-78, but then that is a series that goes for style...  Welcome, Matsukami! Your model sounds very cool - do you have any links to some images?

"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

You can have it just for the asking.   The reactors is too much darkened as the brown color.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Ah well, I was going off Justice and Freedom from SEED.8 tons for a Gundam, lol.This model seems perfect shape-wise. The colour looks fine to me as well.I wonder if a perspex base might show it off even better.
Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

I bought an aquarium 70 l with lighting. Perfect showacase.