Yet another X-Bomber 3d build

Chat about creative work on other sites
Crash

Re: Yet another X-Bomber 3d build

Post by Crash »

Hi Matsukami,
Felice is dead right, these works of yours are terrific.

I forgot to mention before how good the weathering and paintwork on the engines was on the bottom of the astrofighter.
It's just like they did it in the show.

I really like your PPA as well.

You should be able to open a new thread in whatever forum you feel like.
If you have any difficulty, let me know.

The forum sometimes has a few quirks since it was converted from another forum database structure, but if it doesn't behave like you expect in any regard, I will see what I can do.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Thank you for the compliments, it’s a pleasure. For the metalic parts, I used AK true metal brush paint, they have a good look.

As for the forum all goes well, it’s just that the bradster thread has deviated by my fault in 3d realization. After you either open a dedicated thread or stay on the one , it’s like bradster wants and as you wish.
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Wow!! :o :shock: Those are some wonderful 3D prints, Matsukami!! Marvelous! Absolutely brilliant work, and I'm thrilled to see that my old Imperial Alliance logo and ship model were useful as your templates. I love to see iterative work, and I had always hoped something like this would happen!

Meanwhile, hello everyone! I disappeared again for a while, but I'm still alive. :lol: Last year got quite busy for me, and I wasn't able to touch my 3D projects for a long time. I did pick things up over the holiday, though, and I finally have some progress to share for my LegTrax/Legstar model. I had to make some creative edits to the leg section at the "knees" area to make this single model work as both the joined/standing and solo/flying modes, but otherwise I'm quite happy with how authentic it looks. I may revise that area again before calling this totally done.

Obligatory YouTube video rotating all around to see every angle: https://youtu.be/ZaNARU_3cb8

Do be sure to click the settings gear/cog for the video and push the resolution to the maximum available. It should be 2160p/4K. For some reason, YouTube seems to serve all my videos at a dismal 480p by default, but these are uploaded at a nice sharp 4K.

And some pictures:

I think I'm ready to start on to Braincom/Brainder now. I'm very late for my original "end of 2021" schedule, but my long-term goal is still to complete all of Dai-X parts with X-Bomber and release the finished models into the public domain so you all can modify, 3D print, or do whatever you like with them.

Cheers!
Crash

Post by Crash »

This looks really great, and I've added it to the front page.

On YouTube, it might take them time to present the video in other resolutions.
Their server has to chew on it in the background.
I was able to get the 4K version from the cog icon > Quality menu.
It looks fantastic.

I did wonder whether it wanted some less serene music to give it a Star Fleet / sci-fi vibe.

I slapped it on the front page of the site. Hopefully, the guys on the Star Fleet facebook group will pass it along to their subscribers.
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

I haven't been able to find time to work on my models for quite some time, but this weekend I finally reopened my Dai-X project and started building out Braincom.

I still need to fill out a lot of the details, especially on the inside when it separates and expands for flying mode, but the basic shapes are coming together.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Beautiful, perfect shape,
I would guess that adding the detail to the intakes, antennas etc would be easier than getting the shape of it as good as that.
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

I'm still not finished obsessing over some of the details, but I have progress to share! I think I've made changes (some subtle, some not) to every single piece of my Braincom since I posted that last GIF a month ago. My most recent efforts have been to build the interior details based on a few very blurry and hard-to-see action shots in the show.

Here's another preview GIF of my latest version:

The cockpit module and its cannon are tucked away in this short animation, but they'll be rigged to slide forward along that T-shaped slot before I'm done.

Also, I've made the main "shell" around Braincom a much thicker than I think the actual models had. They probably used thin polystyrene sheets. Assuming Shiro is average height, in relation to the cockpit, I think this would make the shell walls about 1 meter thick. I rather like the idea of it having thicker walls; maybe there's some circuitry conduits or shielding between the inner and outer plating to protect the interior.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Wild,
That looks great! Thanks for sharing it,
It looks spot on to me. If there are any differences, I'd say they make it look smarter and newer, which can hardly be a bad thing.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Any chance you can make an all in one Dai-X in Blender that doesnt seperate but is rigged with a skeleton?

I'm thinking we could make a Star Fleet X-Bomber world in VRchat.

I'm currently working as a world creator and alsondable in avatar creation (as long as the models are pre rigged)

Imagine a huge X-bomber world with all the characters. But thr best thing is you can become the characters.

Ok now imagine walking around x-bomber all the way around the ship.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Post by Crash »

I tell you, I'm really eager to hear about any update on this project.

It seems to me that we must be within a hair's breadth of total completion on the project: what with having all three components 99% finished, from what I could see last.

From what I can tell, this is probably the very best and more accurate and faithful Dai-X model that I've seen produced.

Would be excellent to see it pushed the last few steps to completion.