X-Impulse

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Jim Box

X-Impulse

Postby Jim Box » Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:53 pm

AFAIK X Impulse was only fired twice in the whole series.Anyone offer an opinion as to suggest why?I can imagine all over the country, all the little children shouting "Just use X Impulse!!!!" everytime the battlecruiser appeared.Interactive television!Jim

AndyThomas

X-Impulse

Postby AndyThomas » Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:37 pm

It seems that X Impulse was a massive drain on the X Bomber's energy reserves, and probably on its other systems. Dr Benn also seemed to have real concerns about using it on or near planets because of the collateral damage. It was only ever used in space (but of course, were I cynical, I'd say it'd be an easier special effect to do against a black background!) and the final episode was a clear candidate for its use. But bear in mind that the X Bomber was badly damaged by the finale and didn't get involved in any of the fighting. Dai X's weaponry was also quite varied - the X Tracers, X Eye Beams, chest cannons... But the torpedoes and arm mounted super cannon were used pretty consistently...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator

Chris Snape

X-Impulse

Postby Chris Snape » Sat May 18, 2002 3:15 pm

I suppose you could say that new weapons and machines were gradually imported into the show to keep the audience entertained. If they showed all of the 'stuff' at the start little children would be bored by the end of the series. Therefore the slow increase of ships weapons baddies etc. keeps them enthralled. Eg. Where did Caliban come from? This happened to many of the 80's cartoons: TransformersHe-manTennage Mutant Ninja TurtlesX-menMy personal opinion is that they should not do this as it can ruin the series but business is business!
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com

Return to “The Show”