3d creations

Chat about creative work on other sites
Crash

Re: 3d creations

Post by Crash »

I've not really watched the French version of Star Fleet for any length of time.
I just know that the DVD picture is great.

It makes me want to take a look at the show properly. I have the DVDs somewhere.

People say all kinds of things about things that they have no idea about.
We have an entire industry based around that in the form of automotive journalism (and also just journalism).

I also like the name Cephale for The Skull - it has a more civilised and mysterious feel: more like the Azuris from Message from Space.

At the moment, I'm watching Terrahawks with my daughter. She likes the menacing, eerie quality a lot, as well as the zeroids.
The music makes it quite watchable and the special effects are very accomplished: better than I remembered.
I'm making my way through Star Trek Voyager as well.
Once I get a little closer to the end of that, I plan to get Babylon 5 on blu-ray to have a look at that.
I see that they've done an animated feature, based on Bab 5, which I wouldn't mind seeing either.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Spooky that I should drop by just as you're mentioning Babylon 5! There are several TV films released as well, but they're not in that Blu Ray release I'm afraid. Plus a spin off series, Crusade. There's a big ol' playlist on my YouTube for B5 and I'd also recommend the Grey 17 Podcast but whatever you do don't go searching online about it, you will get spoiled for the 5 year arc pretty rapidly and that's really its selling point - much as Star Fleet had an ongoing storyline, so too does B5. That also means you can't watch the films out of the gate, other than The Gathering. You have been warned!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

Progress of the week.
The body of the great dan and its legs on the port and starboard sides are modeled. A lot of work. I based it on my usual screenshots from the show and on my dynamite action model.
I deduce that the moderoid model (of which I used screenshots) is more faithful than the action toy.
The visible parts of the limbs are modeled with details but not the interior parts which are not intended to be seen. The robot will not be detached from the model, the aim being to make a model more than a toy.
It's moving forward, it's moving forward... :)
Crash

Post by Crash »

This is looking really great.
When I get 5 minutes, I will do a round-up of these images on the site.

I would also endorse Andy's recommendation on Babylon 5, if you've not seen that.
It might not be the perfect viewing order, but I usually put on the series itself: all 5 seasons, the movies, and then Crusade.
That worked well enough for me.

Crusade is massively exasperating because it has a great deal of promise, which is almost completely unfulfilled - almost like Andromeda.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

The head is modeled now, the front is hidden by the bomber's bulkhead. The textures are more elaborate than the bomber, but as I said in the show, this one doesn't really have a line of structures (more of a paint job)
There are still plenty of things to do, even if the most important part is done.
Concerning Babylon 5, I haven't seen it yet, there are quite a few classics that I have missed.
Last year, I discovered Gundam 79 (contemporary to Star Fleet) on Netflix and I was quite amazed by the context and the realism, if we can speak of realism, of the story. Suddenly, zeta gundam and tank counter attack.
I'm currently watching episodes of Ulysses 31, nostalgia when you hold us!