Hello!

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Bradster

Hello!

Post by Bradster »

Shane

Hello!

Post by Shane »

Welcome back Bradster How are you? we all wondered where you had gotten to.I've been wanting to ask for some time but is there any chance of getting hold of some OBJ files from you of the Star Fleet models that you have built like the X Bomber, Imperial fighter and the cool transport ship. That would be wicked if you could.Cheers.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Hello!

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh. I tracked him down and dragged him back! This should make life... interesting... because I now have the same package that Brad uses himself. So we might be able to double up on a few things, we'll have to see how things go...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Hello!

Post by Bradster »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't said much since my return. The AppleInsider forums (a computer site I moderate) are keeping me extra busy this weekend as I'm working on rewriting the default templates and scripts for vBulletin to match what we currently have on the UBB system. They're going to try to switch systems and covert about 12000 threads (with about 173000 posts) over the next couple weeks and part of my job is to make sure everything goes smoothly. Eek! :oAnyhow, I'll try to drop by later this evening or tomorrow to chat it up a bit more. I've been reading up on what all I've missed and it looks like you two are doing a smashing job with new 3d work! I still have all my old files on hand, and am trying to remember what my next steps were to be in their construction before I get to work on them.Shane, yes, I'll gladly send you the ships I've completed. I'm a bit hesitant to send you my X-Bomber model, though, as it still needs some major work in the aft section. Actually, I saw your animated Delta Z clip and would love to see how you'll make it split apart (especially since that would help in "carving" the sides of the X-Bomber)!Oh! I almost forgot, I really haven't had much time to work in 3D over the past couple months, but I have started a couple of small projects. One, I'm building (slowly) a plug-in for a game called Escape Velocity: Nova. And two, I've started testing some animation and lip-syncing in Cinema 4D. Now, if I had Poser, building "people" would probably be much easier, but hey, I'll work with what I got. ;) Regardless, here's the link if you're interested.http://brad.project-think.com/Here's looking forward to some glorious new work together!- Brad
AndyThomas

Hello!

Post by AndyThomas »

I suppose I could think about trying to upgrade this board so we could do polls and things, but the advantage of this version is that it's free and runs on the default server setup. Plus the amount of traffic doesn't really warrant my going too OTT with it. They are good though, it's interesting to see how the different types vary...At the moment I'm sort of working from the front, backwards, with my X Bomber model. I've got a list of things I need to do to it to bring it more in line with the model and it's quite challenging to do, there's a massive amount of detail when you actually look at stills up close. I've also briefly looked at the Imperial Carriers, they actually look pretty modular so they should be simpler to do. I might stick another WIP shot up tonight... Now, time for a bit of Andromeda and SG-1 !
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Matt Darcy

Hello!

Post by Matt Darcy »

Nice to see you back bradster.