sfproject error

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
AndyThomas

sfproject error

Post by AndyThomas »

You could stick a picture in here I think Dave - just do a hyperlink to it and it should display. If not, let me have the URL and I'll see if I can sort it.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Matt Darcy

sfproject error

Post by Matt Darcy »

Thought I would just let every one know in case they had not already realised.www.sfproject.co.uk is back up and working. I fixed the server "beger" and put a more stable kernel bag in. redhat are investigating the kernel problem at the moment you can track it under bugzilla if you are interested. I restored the site from the last backup I had on tape and deleted the site from the Alesi server. There is now a bit more of a redundancy in my web architecture there is a new server hosting DNS and mail in addition to the berger and alsei server, there is also now rsync website repplication between berger/alesi/irvine(the new serveR) although the websites on irvine will not be switched on unless needed. due to the new server I have manged to spead out other functions on machines I have on the web which has given me more 2 serers that used to be apps servers frentzen and senna there are now webservers and are waiting to host your stuff. let me know if you have a web project you need hosting I am sure we can sort stuff out.Matt.
Matt Darcy

sfproject error

Post by Matt Darcy »

sfproject gents, after my logs picked up people trying (and failing I might add) to get access to my webservers I decided to increase secuirty and tightened up tcp wrappers and firewalls. I have mailed all my webclients (including you) the new secuirty details. your username and password have not changed nor has the host details.Matt.
AndyThomas

sfproject error

Post by AndyThomas »

Dave's model work has been posted here to save time - interesting interpretation, I understand it's a work in progess for the time being; bit tricky to recreate some elements in clay I imagine? Anyway, feel free to add comments after the pictures - they'll be cached once people have looked at them the first time...http://www.sfxb.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard ... =5&topic=2
AndyThomas

sfproject error

Post by AndyThomas »

The only thing that I've noticed is that you have (or had - it seems to have gone?) a Home.html file - but it wasn't the same as your Index.html file. So when you, say, use the link from SFXB you end up with a sort of blank placeholder "Home" page instead of the actual content one, which you got to when you hit Home. I think the single left hand column will work OK - better for me at home now that I'm in 1024 by 768 otherwise it's vertical scrolling time in 800 by 600! But it looks very smart, with the background graphics etc - good contrast...On a related note, following your comments about the navigation on SFXB Dave I've come up with what I hope is quite a neat solution, but it'll take a little while to think it all the way through as it'll inevitably have some knock-on effects that I need to think about. Might trial it this weekend if I decide it's workable...