Star Fleet Command V2.

Chat about creative work on other sites
Shane

Star Fleet Command V2.

Post by Shane »

You might have seen a teaser shot of this already if you have been to the bigdaix.com homepage recently, but here is another angle of what will eventually be the Revamped Star Fleet Command:I want to eventually have this model up on the site as an object file OBJ etc, so it could possibly be used in other things such as Andy's Genesis project or Mike's games, as well as my own forthcoming TROM project.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Star Fleet Command V2.

Post by Shane »

Cheers mate. Your right the characters and designs of Star Fleet should be exploited along with the deep storylines which were also present in the original series. The last couple of seasons of Power Rangers show what the natural evolution of the show could look like design wise, It's just that I think you could be pretty certain that a new mainstream version of SF would liable to be dumbed down fairly significantly, just as the Power Rangers show is mostly unwatchable. I think Andy was first to suggest that 3D computer graphics would be the best way to go were a new series ever to go into production, and If it followed the style of Beast Wars, which had great stories to boot then you would be onto a winner.The good thing about fan projects is we don't have to bow down to studio chiefs or worry about ratings, and without being big headed everyone who posts on here probably knows the show inside and out and are currently the best equipped to extend the adventures of the crew. I've said before and I expect Andy and Mike may agree with me, is that the fan projects are really just concepts. My TROM project could be considered high quality Animatics because the packages I use like Poser give quick and impresive results, but are obviously not broadcast quality. But for a one man operation they give me a fighting chance of telling my story. Fingers crossed that Star Fleet gets a DVD release because as it is now people are unaware of the original series, never mind a new one.Shane.
Shane

Star Fleet Command V2.

Post by Shane »

Well my take on the series enviroments were that they were fairly utopian in design. I loved the original Star Fleet Command a high tech complex situated in lush greenery. I imagine that the Earth had been through many conflicts At least 3 Space Wars and maybe even World War 3 in one shape or form. So maybe It's a Star Trek senario where the Earth finally sorted itself out and now operates as a united planet. The Space Wars sound interesting It could be that in the Star Fleet universe the Earth was once at war with it's colonies in a Babylon 5 stylee. It also seems to share the military aspects of B5 as everyone appears to be in uniform although interestingly not the crew of X Bomber themselves.Shane.
Bradster

Star Fleet Command V2.

Post by Bradster »

Pardon me for digging up a month-old topic, but I was wondering, what app are you using to build this Star Fleet Command set?I'm just curious. Also, I can't help but notice the pretty blue sky with the streaking cloud in that snapshot! Very nice. Skys are things I always seem to have trouble with. Is that a bitmap image? Or is it just a *really* good lighting set up? Or was it randomly generated by your 3D program?To chime in on the discussion that you, wolf, and mike were having, I agree on all points, especially about the world having just settled into a utopia from a post-WW3 "Star Trek" scenario.
Shane

Star Fleet Command V2.

Post by Shane »

Its all built in poser. Lighting wise you can't really go wrong with poser it comes with a lot of preset light setups and is easy to use although you still have to find the right angle and composition or it will look crap. The sky is a 3d dome using a high quality bitmap image.Shane.