In Ye Olde Days

Comments on this forum and Star Fleet sites
AndyThomas

In Ye Olde Days

Post by AndyThomas »

Dave asked whether I had some of the older versions of my site, and so I've been digging around on my hard drive. Fortunately, I'm not the sort to throw anything away! The style of page I think Dave remembers, and if I understand correctly, is the style he's tyring to recreate with SFP, is this style here. Judging by what I called the directory, that was my first move to abandon frames and go to a table only site.Now, as I look at it in my current version of IE, on 800 by 600, it does look pretty good. But as I mentioned in another post, some browsers don't render backgrounds in table cells particularly well. So that's why SFXB now has a fairly plain design, colours wise. I'd be interested to hear what people think of the old design though - I know some people like the clarity of the current version, whilst others feel it's a little too simple...Now, if you want to see what the Adamantium Archipelago looked like before I switched to tables from frames, I've now re-uploaded all my ancient graphics into the appropriate directory. So you can now see the funky, Java applet driven (!) Star Fleet animation that used to live on the Star Fleet pages. It takes way longer to download than the equivalent Flash sort of file woud, I'm sure, but if you're curious then you can see the old site here.I'll be interested to hear what people have to say about the different styles!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator